View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #19
Jeepwm69

Re: Vacuum hose routing/ diagram?

Ok, messed with this some more yesterday. Apparently that delay valve OR the 4 hose plug in the first pic that I tried to eliminate is still causing some issues, so let me try this step by step.

I have the EGR plumbed like it is in the diagram with a line going to J on the carb, and another going to the canister, but it looks like at some point in the past the EGR Purge TVS was elmiinated, so what effectively I have is the EGR going to the canister. Should I leave that alone, or cap off the EGR and the canister?

I have the Distributor/ Vaccum Advance plumbed straight to the carb. Do I need that Distributor delay valve? It runs better than it did, but I'm still getting some hesiatation that wasn't there bofore I started messing with all this stuff. If I plumb the vacuum advance through the delay valve as pictured, what goes on the other two outlets on the dist delay valve?

I have the rear manifold vacuum source going to the air cleaner but am not sure whether the other end of the line should go on the EFE/ DISTR/TVS or what. If I run the rear manifold vacuum source to the air cleaner with no T, would that work? If I do it that way does that check valve need to be between the air cleaner and the rear manifold vacuum source?

So bascially that only leaves the 4 connections to the EFE/DIST/ TVS. I only have two nipples on this, and again, looking at the plug in the first picture I posted, it appears that two of the 4 hoses went on those two nipples, and the others were just open. It looks like two of the 4 go to either side of that Distributor Delay valve, and one goes to the EFE back on the passenger side bottom of the engine, and the last one T's into the rear manifold Vacuum source. Can I just cap all this crap off?

Again, this is all on an 83 GMC with 305, no emissions needed, and SM465.

Also will add that I left the PCV valve and plumping intact.
Attached Images

Jeepwm69 is offline   Reply With Quote