~Whitey~

Re: Project 69SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR18 View Post
Yes!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Nice work Jimmy. The engine looks and sounds great.
Thanks, still need to get it all tidied up and correctly timed... Not to mention some mufflage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Jimmy did you go to a one wire alternator? Is that why you had to install the diode?
It's the same alternator that was on it when I tore it all down.. Internal regulator, it's wired just like this pic, Originally these trucks had were externally regulated. I'm not sure what's different between the stock harness and the Painless Harness, but they mention in the paperwork that in some instances the truck will not shut off and that diode is needed on the 914 White wire. Truck wouldn't shut off so I just followed the directions. :-)

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  39.6 KB
Here's what it said in the instructions:
NOTE: Under some circumstances, the connection to the Alternator will not allow the Engine to shut off If this occurs, a diode will have to be installed inline on wire # 914. This will prevent alternator feedback into the ignition system & allow the Engine to shut down, The RADIO SHACK part number for this Diode is 276-1661 It is to be installed with the striped end towards the alternator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Congrats! Good lookin' stuff!
Thanks!

Last edited by ~Whitey~; 05-15-2015 at 02:01 PM.
~Whitey~ is offline   Reply With Quote