View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 01:37 PM   #350
SS Tim

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Might just have to do a Promo (YG6-8) build date survey thread.

Great idea Tim. Do you know if the broadcast sheet has the actual date the truck was built listed on it? My non-promo Highlander was delivered July 5th, 1972 and looking at the way it is optioned I am pretty certain it was ordered specifically by the original owner. As of yet I haven't looked for the broadcast sheet in my truck.
The build/broadcast sheets have the SCHEDULED build date in the upper left corner, box 10 (see the 12/71 below).

The only true and closest date of build documentation is the Protect-O-Plate as I have posted before. It has the full and only engine assembly code correct for a specific vehicle.
The build month is also keyed as well confirming vehicle assembly month.

Plus,
Your engine block (if original) should be very close to the actual vehicle build date. The engine assembly code date is what you would want to see. Its stamped into the block, forward of the right head looking down. THis will match the POP on an original build truck.

Also,
The driver's blue door certification sticker has the build month in the upper right corner. It will match the POP build month.

Finding a build/broadcast sheet in a truck other than a "Z" Fremont build is very unlikely. When you do find one look closely to make sure it isn't another truck's.
Attached Images

Last edited by SS Tim; 05-17-2015 at 02:30 PM. Reason: reads much better
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote