Thread: New project
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 10:31 PM   #368
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Re: New project

Well I sucked this weekend and bad . I don't have excuses , but I got a story so here goes.

I am running IHRA sss at a new track to the east of me at a track called Ben Bruce memorial airpark in Evadale , Texas . Last year I ran IHRA at Lonestar motorsports park in sealy which was west toward San Antonio . So im headed east in my Old Ford (7.3 powerstroke) and about 45 minutes in we are dead stop on I-10 . I-10 is the main road from California to Florida in the south . 30 minutes of idling and the old Ford (186,000 ) starts dropping cylinders . I floor it in neutral andf get it clean enough to run on 7 .1.5 hours dead stop I finally get to the turn off . My Machinist had shown up and wanted to ride with me . we both had to pee. Mind you First round of qualifying was 4:00 pm its 4:30 . I pull into a Dairy queen in town and I have a cut trailer tire . Driver side front . It is cut bad . I pull out the small gen and air compressor and it aint happening . Guessing it was prom night cause there was a limo in the parkinglot . I ask " Are you from around here " ? he say "yep" ......"Me " I need a tire shop ASAP . He says go left here ,left their , right here and maybe their open . Ok , thanks ....Im about to leave and this guy says "hey , Your best bet is Walmart " Im heading North and forget to drop the num ber in the trailer brakes and burn a flat spot in the now flat tire . I get to the auto shop (Walmart) ..... Policy says they cant work on trailers ! I blocking all the stalls . I drive the trailer up on a 4x4 block of wood and pull the bad tire with a 4 way which I bent. I roll the tire from my "78 C-20 3/4 ton" in as a carry in flat repair . It is cut wide open and now has a flat spot cause Im a dumbass . While they are playing games about tires . I put on the spare . $153 later I got a new tire for my 78" 3/4 ton and im on my way again . I have already missed first time trial . I pull in and try to buy 7.0 index and no box tech cards . Nope either or . one or the other . 1 time trial right lane .105 red . WTF . Throw the kitchen sink at it to be green 1st round . 10 psi out of the fronts , 700 out of 2 step . 1/2 # out of rears and .020 into the long throw . drew the left lane .021 red ........WOW ...... Take another 5 psi out of the front and bought back in . Got the left lane and adjusted accordingly . Im holding.03
just cause . I leave im .049 and the shift box wasn't on . I shove it in second and start to spray . 7.05 on a 6.93 dial . Opponent .001 and backed into me like a pro . > I go to lift and the motor is still revved . I block the block valve and it calms down . Nitrous solenoid diagram is bad . . I forgot about the fuel regulator I had to put a diaphragm into due to a lean condition . I'll do a leak down , but I am offially on my longest losing streak ever . I just cant win for loosing .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote