View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 04:59 PM   #1
rez_dawg

1980 Chevy K5 4x4, auto, sbc 350 4 bbl Q-Jet -NEED VACUUM LINE ROUTING DIAGRAM !!

I bought my 1980 Chevy K5 Blazer from a guy that lives in a county here in AZ that does not require emissions testing. I live in Maricopa County (Scottsdale, AZ) where yearly emissions testing is required for vehicles after 1967 & newer.

The p/o of my Blazer removed all the emissions vac lines, capped off the charcoal canister, thankfully he left it attached to the core support inner wall, but it also has had an intake manifold "upgrade" to an Edelbrock Performer w/o EGR inlet. The carb is a Rochester Q-Jet 17080206, which is original to the truck. I converted it to electric choke, it was originally hot air. I removed the stove & vac choke line, capped the inlet on the manifold, capped the fresh air vac ports on the carb (both at the choke housing & on the back of the carb where the stove/vac line attaches).

The vacuum hose routing diagram sticker on top of the core support was faded and was of no help. Has since been removed and the core support painted. Now that I need to go through emissions testing I need to get this Blazer's vacuum lines set up the way it is meant to be.

I have not been able to find the right/correct diagram. I found these two on AutoZone's website, which make sense, but if anyone can post some pics, or IF anyone in my area could get in touch with me in regards to this I would greatly appreciate any and all help!

This first pic is the one I am leaning towards, but what "efe's" would I need? Also, is the EFE in the bottom left hand corner referring to the EFE ACTUATOR? I am assuming I need to get the stock air cleaner and an intake manifold with the EGR inlet, an EGR along with all that is noted in order to get this thing emissions ready, right?

I have never had to deal with emissions for an older vehicle as we lived in a county that did not require testing and when we did live in Maricopa County prior we have two daily drivers that are newer and have no issues passing emissions.

Any and all help appreciated, guys!! Thanks in advance.

IF anyone locally has these parts I need, along with knowledge to lend a hand I make some great custom knives I would be happy to help you obtain

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is the 2nd diagram autozone gives for my year.....

[IMG][/IMG]
rez_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote