Thread: a little advice
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 10:33 AM   #21
markmdz

Re: a little advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiansnow69 View Post
appreciate all the responses and concern.

currently i'm in contact with the machine shop that has my engine block, and the builder who has my truck. The repair shop that is causing all the issues, has finally admitted they didn't have the cash to get it from the machine shop. If I cut the shop out and work directly with the builder and machine shop, i wont be out any extra money then i expected to pay in the first place.

Taking them to small claims court is still an option, but the likely hood is that they will just file bankruptcy and i wont get anything.
IMHO, if you're not out any extra money and can get the truck back from them, just do that then square up with the machine shop owner directly. I'd be willing to bet you'll get a better rate on the machine work by dealing with him directly rather than paying through the shady shop anyway.

...then just move on from that shop, let them deal with their own headaches and chalk it up to a dodged bullet by being out only time and no extra money.

A place like that will not survive anyway and doesn't seem worth it to pursue them and lose more time in that process.

Best of luck with it.
markmdz is offline   Reply With Quote