View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 07:47 AM   #251
FarmerSid

Re: 1952 Chevy Vette Roadmaster LT1 Farm Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJorgensen52 View Post
Yes, for DBW you will need the throttle pedal and the extension harness for it (there's a connector up under the dash).

The '07 had a standalone TCM, in the '05 it's part of the ECM - so if you get the '05 harness and an '05 ECM, it should be able to control the trans. I had misunderstood and thought you had an '07 ECM.

It would be easiest to use the '05 trans with the '05 harness, because there are a some changes in the way the trans is wired and the sensors - it can get confusing to try and swap them around. Memory says any trans from 03-07 should work, but the earlier ones are different, as are the later ones.

On my '50 project, I'm using a 2011 ECM and TCM and harness with a 2010 trans, which works out fortunately.

If you're feeling brave, check out this page: http://lt1swap.com/2000harness.htm ... TONS of info about the differences in the harnesses for the 99-07 style trucks.
Turns out the L33 is an 06. Should I go DBW or mechanical cable? Maybe I should get in touch with Black Bear Performance and see what they have to say. They can supply a programmed ECM way cheaper than I can buy one up here, send it down to get programmed then shipped back up.

Wreckers here have ECM's but don't keep them matched to the engine. They tell me to get the numbers off the old one and match it up to one on their shelf.

If I remember correctly, Black Bear just needed to know what truck I had and they did the rest.

With so much info out there, my head is just spinning. Almost to a point where I need some one to just tell me what year and vehicle to get a tranny out of and what else I need. LOL!

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632938
FarmerSid is offline   Reply With Quote