Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #1342
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Very nice! I bet you could sell those hangers to quite a few folks!
haha. unboxed frame need not apply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx289 View Post
X2.

Very nice work.
Thanks Tom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboris View Post
Ryan this thing is really gonna be bad %ss. Doesn't seem to be any lack of motivation! Killer job so far!
Thanks Shawn! some days are more motivated than others...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwright View Post
Your build is looking nice Ryan. Back on page 52 you mention trailer safety chains. On a flatbed I built a while back, I welded some grade 8 nuts to supports under the deck and the owner bought several forged eye bolts. I welded 7 of them around the exterior of the deck plus the 2 next to his drop ball. That way he had tiedowns everywhere, but still had a flat deck for sheet goods. When he tows his trailer he puts in the center 2 for chain hook points.
Thanks Clint! i think i have a plan for what ill do for the safety chain hooks, but i have been trying to figure out some tie downs for the bed. i wonder what kind of eyebolts are out there. i'd like to have some way that they were detachable. or unobtrusive.

this needed to be addressed. i drew up a simple solution to a pesky thing. for the fuel feed, return, brake line and electric harness.

i still have the brake line to the rear to make up.

Last edited by ryanroo; 05-25-2015 at 09:53 AM. Reason: department of redundancy department
ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote