View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #258
FarmerSid

Re: 1952 Chevy Vette Roadmaster LT1 Farm Truck Build

I need some of you pro builders help. Having a bit of a hard time maintaining my rear wheel centers due to the rough shape of my box. If any of you could grab a tape measure and see if your measurements match to mine, that would help me a lot. I don't want to spent the big $$ on a box right now as that money is needed else where on the build. All my measurements are taken from the bottom the bottom of the stake pockets.

I have 4 3/8" from the cab to the front of the stake pocket. 13 1/4" from the back of the stake pocket to the fender and 4 3/4" from the front of the rear stake pocket to the back of the rear fender. I also have 2 1/2" from the top of the fender in the center to the bottom of the round bed rail top. Hope that makes sense.

I seem to be getting huge wheel center differences with just the slightest bedside adjustment as well as the question I had in the above post.

The running board is off of the brackets that bolt to the frame. If I center the filler panel between the cab and the rear fender, the rear bracket welded to the running board sits about half way on the bracket that bolts to the frame while the front is centered on top. How much of the rear fender is hanging below the running board on your trucks?

Take a look at the attached picture and see what you think. Kinda at a stand still till I get this figured out. The front of the rear fender pretty much touches the rear side of the running board bracket.

Need some expert eye's to set me straight.

Thanks!

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632938
FarmerSid is offline   Reply With Quote