View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #116
0311Chevy8152

Re: 1972 K10 Disabled Veteran First Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
Someone obviously used this thing for off road, so with that in mind I would take some serious time measuring to make sure the frame is straight.
Who knows if the P.O. had any idea what they were doing when they lifted the pickup.
Sigh... I hate to say it but they probably didn't which means the shock mounting points weren't reinforced the frame wasn't boxed for strength, no skid plates added et cetera.
Lets hope they didn't beat on it regularly, you need to carefully check every ball joint, tie rod end, et cetera for wear.
I'm nervous as to what I am going to find as well. When I took out the electrical under the dash it amazed me nothing had caught fire. My plan is to take everything apart, inspect everything, and make sure it's done right. I will be looking for guidance and direction to make sure I do it right. I'm thankful I found this forum and able to ask questions. This forum is my only resource. I do not have friends or family familiar with building a truck. I want to make the truck solid and to last. Hopefully one step at a time that will happen.
0311Chevy8152 is offline   Reply With Quote