View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #23
kreigjean

Re: 1983 GMC " Getting Grounded"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbc10 View Post
truck looks good!! can u post some pics of the inside of the bed...an that does look like 73-80 bumper....u should get 81-87 bumper
I will get some more bed pictures for you later today. It took me a long time sitting arolund thinking how I was going to tackle the floor raising.
I ended up just cutting the inner bedsides just above where the wheel well met. Ended up at about 7 1/2 inches. I then removes that much from the front and was still able to bolt all the panels togeher like factory. The only problem I had was with the fitment of the tailgate. In the photo from behind you can see the braces that i installed that go from the bed bolts stands to the lower portion of the bedside. It was the only thing i found to be able to hold the bedsides securily enough fo the tailgate to close properly. After finsishing the bed off the truck I leveled the truck frame on blocks then placed the bed on top. With the truck frame level i just leveled the bed and aligned the body lines, then made the bed stands that are pictured previously. I am by no means a professional welder or hot rod builder so I think it came out pretty good.
Attached Images

kreigjean is offline   Reply With Quote