Thread: 1974 CCSB build
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 09:55 AM   #133
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Re: 1974 CCSB build

This story doesn't have a really happy ending, at least for me. I work at a Chevy dealership, so I towed it up here to get it looked at. The service department was pretty busy, so it got shoved on the back burner for a while. Months went by with no forward movement, so I decided to sell the truck to one of my bodymen. He will probably make it a lot nicer than I would have. So far the new doors are mounted, he tweaked the cab to make the doors fit better, and he mounted the front sheetmetal.

In all of the excitement to get it to go forwards, I rechecked almost everything. Almost. Sent the PCM out to be retuned, thinking it might not have been set up for a 4L60e. Nope. It came back running worse, so it got redone again locally. After pulling what little hair I have left out, we found the culprit- a pinched brake line on the right front. The truck was already sold, so I let it go. I have still been helping get it sorted out. Can't wait to see it back on the road, although it will be bittersweet, I'm sure.