View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 04:39 PM   #3
cmabolt

Re: Project 68 k10 LWB..aka "The Hulk"

Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
Chris thanks for the 2 cents...
On my sons 5.3 LC9 we went with 2.5" duals with 40 flowmasters. The stock motor was 320 HP before doing anything to it. Not sure if it would have been better to go with 2.25 or not. with the tune and upgrades it runs strong. What do you think on running two 2-1/2" in to one 3"? pros/cons???
Thanks
Scott
Hey Scott.
It is my understanding that velocity increases as the passage way reduces in size. Seems logical to me anyway. Just like reducing pipe size to increase water pressure at the outlet. For headers, I have read that 1 5/8 primaries into 2.5 collectors and staying with 2.5" duals all the way is best. But sometimes headers combos that actually fit don't help. As long as 3" is reduced to to 2.5" velocity should be effected in a good way. Honestly I am not sure about dual 2.5" into single 3". That may have a negative effect on velocity in the form of scavenging or back pressure if the 3" doesn't have enough capacity for the cfm being jammed thru it. I think 3.5 or 4" would probably yield better results but I would look to a pipe calculator to get better numbers. In general I doubt if any of us would feel the difference in our seats. I think you do the best you can with budget and what will fit your rig while trying to apply common sense.