View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 04:15 AM   #450
mjh1965

Re: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND"

Well let's start with a couple of pictures of the under side of my new cab

The more I look at the new cab the happier I am .
The only thing was I had spent a small fortune on repair panels ,so after speaking to Ian and Paul both members on this forum . Ian said he would have the repair panels off me , and Paul said he would like a section of the cab ,from the filler cap to the front of the rocker
So operation cut up began . Thankfully Rian said I could borrow the plasma cutter .
Wow that thing makes light work of cutting up things . So as I cut out the new panels for Ian that I had already welded into the cab . Paul.y turned up took a look at the section he needed . A deal was done and we started cutting out the section he needed .
Unfortunaly my photographer (Grizz) had the day off , but Paul did take a picture of the section so I am sure some of you who follow this thread also look at Paul's thread

Well the old cab went into the trailer easier then the new one

I kept the roof section in case anyone in the UK needs to repair one . If not Rian will probably turn it into something interesting

I also removed my old dash panel as the one new cab is really bad

The dash in the new cab

The dash from my old cab

After cleaning up all the mess. I Spoke to Ian and asked him , how far away he was from Bentley Newcastle , as one of the other fitters at work was going to put a set of hand controls on a new Bentley on Monday, he told me he was going to be about 15 minutes from there on Monday . So I loaded up the car and drove 60 miles to Duncan,s house and dropped off the box of parts . He asked if I was driving that far would myself and Amanda like to go for dinner with him his wife and daughter plus Matt one of our other fitters . We said yes . Amanda was happy that I had spent the whole day cutting up the cab so brownie points earned going out for dinner

The box of parts at Duncan's waiting to go in the van Monday

For those that don't know Newcastle is about 300 miles each way so a big thank you to Duncan , saving Ian the cost of a courier and getting the parts to Ian sooner it's handy doing jobs all over the UK somtimes

MY BUILD THREAD:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=611614

Last edited by mjh1965; 05-31-2015 at 04:41 AM.
mjh1965 is offline   Reply With Quote