View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 03:44 PM   #98
uber cool

Re: Uber Cool's 1963 C10 LWB Fleetside in England

Also got some info re previous owner from a member on here (Average Joe). He kindly offered to go to the address in Eagle Point Oregon, and see what he could find out. I would have hoped it was the classic 'they had it from new story'. But somehow I knew it wasn't, as it had too many of the choice parts missing which to me said it was a parts truck to keep another one going. Turns out the elderly couple bought it from a junk yard a few years back and the husband was going to do it up, however reading between the lines it appears the old boy is no longer with us and hence why it was sold. The wife was mighty surprised it had found its way to the UK and Joe showed her a photo of its current primer red state, so she was pleased it was being brought back to life.

How does the US title document work re the date? Does it get renewed every year? The reason I ask is the reg plate shows a sticker on it with a '9' in the bottom LHS and an '03' on the RHS, so I always guessed that meant road tax upto Sept 2003, which seems to tally with the title that says expiration Sep 30, 03.

But the process date says 092704, which I assume means 27th Sept 04. Does this means it's been off the road since at least 03 or 04 but in the previous owners name? So they must have got it from the junk yard prior to these dates? Any help appropriated!!

Last edited by uber cool; 06-01-2015 at 04:01 PM.
uber cool is offline   Reply With Quote