View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 04:26 PM   #29
Skunksmash

Re: Bad Deal With low&slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
Issue is...even though he'll be banned he can still create a new account and come back. All you need is a change of email and address new screen name and password.
An IP ban will work for a good while. A new email address won't change your IP address. And they can be tricky to get changed. Now, he could just go down to the public library and post, and use that IP address, with a new screen name. Or go to a friend's house. But he'll never be able to say he's the same guy, and if he pulls the same BS just ban that screen name and IP as well. Sooner or later he'll give up and go somewhere else or stop ripping people off. Its kind of like with my buddy's creditors. That he always lists me as a reference for. Do they have 5 phone numbers to bother me from, when looking for him? Sure. Do I have all 5 on blacklist so they can't bother me anymore? You bet.

In short, the admins could easily crack down on thieves once they're known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol 67 C10 View Post
I can post the guys name and adress on here for everyone to see, but I don't know if I'm allowed to do that or not? That way if he does log in under a different screen name... at least maybe somebody could figure it out before they get screwed over by him.
Any public information is completely legal to post online. It has to be something that anyone could go down to public records and see, though. But that would include his name and address, but not his phone number.