View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 10:16 PM   #234
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone550 View Post
Larry that is where my confusion starts. My 8.1 is a 2002. But this block off plate looks factory. I saw the truck it came out of. Did the 3500 dually have different factory emissions equipment than say a 2500 truck/suburban? I have read and read that thread word for word. That's what stuck me on the 8.1. I have a complete L29 I was planning on using until I read that thread and the one where the guy argued the dart block and merlin head 10k motor would run better than a stock L18.
Posted via Mobile Device
I’m sorry, I thought you wanted to remove the EGR and install the plate. My bad. They all had EGR up until 2004 that I know of. I work for Workhorse/Navistar where we used couple hundred thousand 8.1L’s in our chassis from 2001 to 2010, which were of the heavier GVWR range of engines. Ours had EGR from 2001-2003. I suspect someone either did an engine swap on the donor truck or just removed it all together. What color are the valve covers? 2002 should have black textured valve covers. 2004 and later were bare aluminum. What about the exhaust manifold? Is the EGR port in the exhaust manifold cast over or does it look like someone plugged it?

I personally wouldn’t worry about it as you would need the EGR exhaust manifold which won’t fit your square body frame anyway.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote