View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 07:35 AM   #446
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
I have two 56' itches waiting to be scratched just have 2 sons in the way....
You have 2, I have none... Smell what i'm cooking here????
Anyway, with all this itching going on, we may need a forum dermatologist.

How much can I expect to pay for a 56 in need of some love? Kinda deal where all the parts are on the truck, but it just needs some love. Even a lot of love...

Anyway, today is the day the rest of my exhaust parts arrive. Unfortunately, I am slammed with work. This is the way it always works. When I have no work, I have all the time in the world and no parts. When the parts arrive, i have no time to install them. Ugh. So I wait a little while longer and remember that money drives this boat.

As I check and double check the truck for missed small projects I discovered
that I never made filler plates that cover the flywheel openings on the bell housing. The area around the starter and on drivers side just below the oil filter.

I also need to incorporate an additional spring for the clutch fork into the drivers side plate. The clutch is so easy to press that I can afford to add some drag for the sake of keeping the throwout bearing off the pressure plate diaphragm. The tolerance is so tight between the throwout and diaphragm that a 1/4 inch could be the difference between great clutch action or pre-mature wear.

Cheers

Last edited by cmabolt; 06-05-2015 at 11:30 AM.
cmabolt is offline   Reply With Quote