View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #407
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
Hey Vic;
Okay so here you are just a scant day away from leaving, are you feeling confident everything is all good with the car?
Have fun on the power tour, I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.
Well, the disappointment is thick enough to cut with a knife around here. It appears that Mother Nature is not going to cooperate with Power Tour this year. We looked at the extended weather forecast all along the route this morning and the lowest chance for rain was 60% on any given day except the first day in Madison. Given the high probabilities for lousy weather at nearly every stop, we've reluctantly opted to cancel. I don't mind dealing with an occasional rain shower, but I'd just as soon avoid the flash flooding, hail, lightning and etc. It's rained here 31 out of the last 35 days, so I'm inclined to go along with the soggy predictions. We'll just have to research other events for this summer and try Power Tour again next year.

On the bright side, this will give me time to upgrade the brakes and revisit a few things that could benefit from some fine tuning.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote