View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
TexanAmerican

06 Silverado Frame Swap

I recently purchased my first GM vehicle a month ago. A automatic 2006 2wd 4.8 short bed crew cab Silverado 1500. Well since purchasing it I've been upgrading it a bit and have a level kit and some AT tires on it. Anyways it's been raining a lot over here lately and I've been messing around in the mud and I'm constantly getting stuck and I realize I should have bought a 4x4, but I've decided that I want to do a 4x4 frame swap instead. I know doing an actual conversion is ridiculously expensive and its better to just buy a used 4x4 but since this is my first GM vehicle since I've worked for GM and I would really like to keep this forever so I've decided to take a cheaper route and just buy a salvaged crew cab short bed 4x4 with a good frame and engine and put my cab and bed on it. This is all a future project for when I get a profit share bonus and have the money to do it but I was thinking and if Im going to do a frame swap wouldn't it make more since to swap it to a better frame and engine? Sorry if I'm being ignorant but can the body and bed of my 1500 fit on a 1500HD, 2500, and 2500HD? I don't have the experience or the know how to do this on my own so where would I be able to get this job done? At a dealership? Thanks everybody in advance!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by TexanAmerican; 06-05-2015 at 11:35 AM.
TexanAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote