View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 01:27 PM   #32
HUSSEY

Re: "Albert" -- 1949 AD, S10 Chassis

After I got the exhaust routed back to the muffler I got the engine running and test fired with a stand-alone wiring harness. The stand-alone engine wiring harness came from FuelInjectionConnection.com. They sell on-line and on eBay. At first I was going to use a stock harness but everyone I looked at the yards was old and brittle. I was happy spending the $245 on the new engine wiring harness given its quality and ease of install. I mocked up the engine wiring harness and ignition switch so I could test fire the engine.

The engine came from Pick N’ Pull so I was rolling the dice a bit. The truck it came out of showed to have right at 100,000 miles on it. But when I got the motor home and cleaned it up, I discovered it had a GM rebuild tag on it so who knows how many miles are actually on it. The motor turned over fine by hand at the yard. I pulled the valve cover at the yard and it looked nice and clean underneath, not all sludged up. When I got it home I pulled all the plugs, oiled the cylinder walls, and ran a compression test on it. Compression showed to be consistent among all cylinders and around 175-185 psi. The engine ended up running out fine with good oil pressure, hopefully it drives out ok. There’s a video of the test fire here Test Fire Chevy 350 TBI.

Last edited by HUSSEY; 08-25-2015 at 04:07 PM.
HUSSEY is offline   Reply With Quote