View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 05:34 PM   #211
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

So after removing the 75 Lbs. of $&%# from all the other hacks, my buddy and I addressed the issues as best we could and proceeded to put only about 10 Lbs. of putty back on.
This is a pic of the back of the cab after we did the re-inforcing of the back panel. who ever did the original body work completely puttied in the style line across the back so we ground it back out.
[/URL]
Upon closer review, we discovered what we thought was the paint bubbling up on the top of the cab, so we started to grind away only to find surface rust under the original coat of filler. Ground off the top of the cab and cleaned off all the rust.
[/URL]
[/URL]

Re-worked the doors, I won't even begin to tell you what kind of a mess we found under the filler on these.
[/URL]
Sanded and sanded and sanded until me, the wife, my 2 daughters, and Mr. Magoo had dust in places we didn't know we had
[/URL]
[/URL]
I have another day or so of sanding and cleaning up the cab and then it will be ready for primer. In the meantime, I am going to hop on my 4 wheeler and go on a beer run for me and Goo Be Doo
[/URL]
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote