View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 03:31 PM   #420
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Glad to hear you're getting a peek at the Sky. Take any pictures of Maybelline while you were out?
Man, you're not going to believe this, John, but we forgot and left the camera at home. Put a fresh battery in it and then left it on the desk. Realized it right before we rolled into the parking lot. Only picture we got was posted online by one of the roaming photographers. But I aim to get some more soon! And a video.

We encountered a couple of things I'll need to address. I reckon the car won't stay cool without a radiator shroud. We ran the a/c on the way to the cruise-in and turned it off just as we got to the parking lot. Place was full and it took a few minutes to find a spot. By the time I just about had it parked, temp was sitting on 210 and Maybelline got hot and wouldn't do no mo'. Died and wouldn't restart. Later after she cooled off - no problem, started right up. On the way home, we stopped at a neighbor's house briefly. When we went to leave, turned the key and nothing happened. Several tries later, the starter finally engaged and the engine fired. So I guess my future includes ordering a new high torque mini starter to replace the stock starter and pulling the header off the passenger side to install it. Then figuring out the best way to mount a shroud to the radiator and fabricating it.

So in light of these new car bugs and the weather thing (line of heavy thunderstorms went right along the PT route this morning) I'm feeling better all the time about staying home.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote