View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 09:25 PM   #207
65sub

Thumbs up Re: My suburban's Twisted Little Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Thanks for the extra pics and the info. It sounds like a sweet running engine.

Every time I see a 409, I have to once again kick myself for passing up an original 425/409 dual quad engine for $500
I think we all have stories like that. Mine was a 68 RS/SS Camaro for $300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Wow, very nice 409 set up! Nice work on the B and C pillars.
Thanks A.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
65sub....very glad to see another "w" engine truck. I'm in the middle of two projects, but my 2nd is a 63 short fleet with a 348. What exhaust manifolds and mounts did you use on your 409?

I've got plenty of clearance with the engine mocked in. Will be using the POL mounts like I used on my other big block build, but interested to see what you did on your build. Thanks in advance. Jon.
Hi Jon. I used stock hi horse 409 manifolds on mine. They are ceramic coated which has held up really well. They are a tight fit between the frame rails. My motor mounts are mid 80's clam shell style only because I had a urethane set left over. The frame perches I made myself. I see by your picture you moved your motor forward, I did the same. One issue I ran into was clearance at the front. Picture 2 is the battery to ac compressor and picture 3 is water pump pulley to electric fan. They are close but they clear.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=655167
65sub is offline   Reply With Quote