View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 12:22 AM   #298
Nitis

Re: Project 68 k10 LWB..aka "The Hulk"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dee2 View Post
You know Maaco might just surprise you if you disassemble, strip, do all the metal repair and then hire a body man (experienced) for final prep. Shoot it in there giving them just a few prep hours to try and catch any last minute what ever issues. Pass on the super cheap budget paint and try and get something better researching the suggested paint or supplying something the painter is comfortable with.

I believe they could spray it (in a booth) and color sand to an acceptable level in a timely manner. They paint a lot of cars everyday so if the painter is any good chances are it will turn out.

That is probably the road I'll go down with my K30 build. I did use them many years ago on another truck project prior to sell and it worked out great.

Yeah I was prolly a little loose with the maaco comment. My mother in law just had them shoot her Tahoe. I was skeptical because they didn't take anything off like the rear bumper or even the body mouldings but I can't find much wrong with it for $1200 and a 4 year warranty and that price included some dent and ding removal.

I actually agree that if you had your metal work done and we're confident in your body work I wouldn't hesitate to have a driver rig shot there especially in pieces. Plus they're turn around time is going to blow anyone away.
Nitis is offline   Reply With Quote