View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #1
dicholscrn

1979 (?) K10 Project

Hello Guys.

Im obviously new here but have been using your forum lately for research, ideas, and entertainment, so thank you for that. I have always wanted either a 70's K10 or K5 and with my birthday a couple weeks ago, the wife finally said she would not complain TOO much if I went out and bought one. So i brought this thing home the next day. It is a 1979 K 10 and at that point thats about all I'm certain of, and even the year gives me doubts. More to that below....

To be completely honest, anything larger than a 2 stroke motorcycle engine and I have about zero idea what I'm doing. But I know how to read and enjoy learning and most importantly I have ALWAYS wanted one of these trucks. The body is straight, has about as little rust as possible, and it starts and drives pretty well. But I have a lot of questions already and will have plenty more throughout.

Told my 6 year old that this will be our project together and in 10 years if she wants the keys we can work out a deal.

Plans for now are to redo the interior, maybe make some engine modifications, upgrade a few things here and there, and eventually maybe paint the thing.
dicholscrn is offline   Reply With Quote