View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 06:45 PM   #305
First c10

Re: Project 68 k10 LWB..aka "The Hulk"

Hey guys so I assembled my E brake cables. I ordered the front E brake cable from Inline tube(factory K20). I had to adjust the stock frame rail e brake mount. After I mocked up the front E brake cable I measure and ordered custom brake cables from www.controlcables.com Ed miller was the guy I talked to, he was very helpful. We email back and forth with pictures until we came up with a plan. Since I have 75-81 Cadillac rear discs custom was the best way. I did not want to have the long looped intermediate cable with the little curved metal frame supports, so I decided to run the passenger rear to the driver side. I got the rear frame brace (and the idea) from the 91 burb frame I bought. All I had to do was make the cable crossbar that connects the 2 rear brake cables to the short intermediate cable 3/8""x 1" x 3". the pictures are of it mocked up and loose.
The tape was a measurement for the intermediate cable. I posted it so you could see the factory E brake frame mount.
I ordered and paid for them on Monday about noon and they were at my house yesterday when I got off work, oh and 107$ with tax and shipping. Looks to be great quality, or course we will find out when I stand on the peddle....
Attached Images

1970 C10 Yellow/White Deluxe LWB w/ 5.3L-LC9/6L80E
1968 K10 LWB Dark green my son calls it "THE HULK Jr"HULK JR *SOLD*
GO GO!!!
First c10 is offline   Reply With Quote