View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 07:55 PM   #6
cableguy0

Re: Very mild 350 camshaft XE vs Voodoo

I would go with the Lunati 60101. While the valve train is apart changing springs only takes a few more minutes. An on the head valve spring compressor and compressed air and your good to go. You really cant go with any decent sized that's worth the effort of making the swap without upgrading valve springs. Stock valve springs are not near stiff enough. Having lifters bounce off the cam because the springs are too weak is BAD. You cannot look at a valve spring and tell their condition or how strong they are. I could hand you 10 identical looking valve springs that are 100lbs or more different in spring pressure. A basic old school rv cam is as far as I would with stock springs and without knowing how old they are I would probably still swap them out.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote