View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 02:13 AM   #44
SS Tim

Re: My new '72 "survivor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by White70C20 View Post
I didn't know the Highlander package was available on base models (it is a Custom 10 right?). Plus, didn't Highlanders get A/C?
This truck is a Z62 Custom Deluxe trim level truck as all 72 Highlander Fleetside Pickups and Suburbans were.

The only Highlanders that "included" A/C were the Highlander Promo Package "C" trucks coded YG8. It would have been optional on Highlander trim trucks or even Promo Package "A" YG6 trucks if somone had wanted the basic savings package, a manual transmission and A/C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Fan Always View Post
As I understand the Highlander trim there were 3 steps, A,B, and C.
According to the original buyers son, the truck was a dealer order at Ande Chevrolet in Lawrenceburg Indiana. The A group was the base Highlander. It also sported Cincinnati Bengal stripes when they got it. It has everything in Group A except the upper molding. It has the lower molding and it had the Below Eye Line mirrors. The ownet took them off and put phillips head screws in the holes and attached California style mirrors. It does have the auto trans and power steering and brakes, but no tilt wheel as in Group B.
There were two basic groups of Highlanders, the Trim Upgrade as your white truck is, giving basically free choice of option mix.

The others were Promo Packge trucks. The package trucks, as shown in the flyer you posted (post #35), were a three level progressive upgrade bundling of select options "including" the Highlander trim upgrade. So a Promo Package truck "A" YG6, "B" YG7 or "C" YG8 was also a Highlander. However a Highlander was often not one of the bundled Promo Package trucks.
Attached Images

Last edited by SS Tim; 06-13-2015 at 02:18 AM.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote