View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #398
SS Tim

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leh72super1500 View Post
Wow, that is a good theory I had never even considered. This truck still continues to mystify me. I looked closer and yes it certainly looks like the fawn color in the scratches. I'm not sure however how that would have looked back in the day with the fawn against the medium blue dash. A PO likely didn't like the color combo either, so had it repainted. It looks like it was professionally painted as the outside is near perfect. I will have to do some deeper forensics with the glove box and the bezel to find out for sure. Also the instrument bezel would have to have been painted or replaced with a black bezel. Perhaps by removing it, I could see the backside and it may reveal the fawn as well. Thanks for this theory, I will certainly have a better look when I get some time.
The truck posted in #397 brought you back to mind. Did you ever get a chance to look into the suspected fawn glovebox door on your truck and dash bezel?
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=7103155

Be interested in nailing this down as original trucks continue to support the fawn door & bezel being correct for highlander plaid optioned GMCs.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote