View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 07:45 AM   #19
Daddy'O

Re: Our new shop - AKA Barnasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68C15 View Post
So many questions to ask so I'll just go with the ones that keep popping in my head.

Tell us about the gas station islands out front. Also tell us more about the tornado/bomb shelter in the yard
Ahhhh, the gas pump islands. This was actually my wife’s idea. We have a couple of restored pumps and she thought it would be cool to put them out front. I, on the other hand had no intentions of putting them outside. So she suggested finding some old unrestored ones for outside and I really liked the idea. This last minute upgrade to the concrete plans probably frustrated my concrete guy but he did a real good job as everyone that sees them ask if those are for gas pumps. He stops by occasionally and asks where my pumps are. I keep telling him I’ll get them when the prices comes down. Mike and Frank from American Pickers as well as other shows have made people think the old pumps are worth their weight in gold. I just cannot pay what they want for unrestored pumps now. Especially since my restored pumps cost me less years before the “junk shows” began.

The tornado shelter is a 6x8x7 (W,L,H) concrete box we had installed 19 years ago. We bought the property 25 years ago and have officially lived there for 20 years. I grew up in a small town south of Tulsa, Oklahoma and survived the June 8th, 1974 tornado outbreak so I’ve witnessed the power of mother nature first hand. This was a safety investment/insurance that I hoped we would never use. We’ve been in the “hidey hole” 2 times so far and I’m really glad to have had it. So has a neighbor…lol.

Thanks for the questions!

Our Shop Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=620966
'55 Wagon Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=689157
1971 Cheyenne Super Ochre/White LWB 350 Auto - my son's truck "Nancy"
1972 GMC K2500 Custom 4X4 Olive LWB 400 SB 4-speed -"Greenie" - Restoration to begin after the '55
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

Last edited by Daddy'O; 06-20-2015 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Corrected shelter dimensions.
Daddy'O is offline   Reply With Quote