View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 09:00 AM   #323
FarmerSid

Re: 1952 Chevy Vette Roadmaster LT1 Farm Truck Build

Thanks for the link BiGglass. My rear is set to 2 degrees right now. I can change it to 0 degrees by making a new carrier bracket that bolts to the diff. Russell did a good job of explaining things. It is common knowledge that U joints don't like to rotate perfectly aligned. I guess Russell is confirming that and saying that the 2-3 degree angle is only needed either left to right or up and down but not both. It's important to match the angles so vibrations will cancel out. Gotta remember our drive shaft will not have any travel with suspension travel. Have to make sure any info that is taken is in regards to a C4 IRS. Solid axle stuff would be different.

In regards to your comments about the batwing being square to the frame, if the final ride height is set level and the rear pinion is set to 0 degrees, the batwing would be square to the frame. I have a 1.5" rake and the pinion set to 2 degrees so that would make my batwing not square. I think I have somewhat of a understanding of this now. Correct me if I'm wrong. Hopefully a bunch of us can get this hammered out.

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632938
FarmerSid is offline   Reply With Quote