View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #48
MARKDTN

Re: Is this ultra rare or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevymaster461 View Post
Guys I get home Monday ... I'll take pictures of every part of that motor .. All ready arranged help for Monday to get the oil drained , tranny unbolted, engine hoist setup an put motor on engine stand the I'll be taking pics of casting number , serial number an the dunna na na I'll remove the the pan an snap pics an post them up you guys watching this thread will be the first to see a 1 of a kind uber rare unicorn motor the mysterious factory 327 4 bolt from 67 ... Then after that this will be settled once an for all
Be sure to get the casting number off of the crankshaft while you are there. It will be helpful to know if this is a SJ or LJ machining of this block.

Even if your engine does it won't settle anything. There are 2 issues:
1)it cannot be proven that it is original to the truck because the VIN derivative is not stamped on the engine pad for these trucks. Is there a VIN on the pad? If so, it is not a truck engine. Is there an engine code stamped there or is it blank (decked block)?
2) You have a 3892657 casting block. None of the sources list this as available as a 4-bolt block. Unless it started life in a '67 350 Camaro then it is a small journal. There was never ever a factory 4-bolt small journal block. IF they are there then the machine shop that rebuilt it did it. Nobody out there has ever claimed to have a factory '67 SJ 4-bolt. You will find that 4-bolt mains began in 1969.

I'm done. I will wait for photos.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote