View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 11:37 PM   #247
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by '63GENIII View Post
I'd love to see some pics of the exhaust before and after Larry. I'm going through major anxiety trying to figure out a routing since the spring swap and install of the Blazer tank in the back. Alot of guys around here are running turndowns. I can't bring myself to do it though. I liked them turned out under the rear of the rear fender. Can't wait to see what you do there.
Below is how it is now. It has duals from the headers then into single “test pipe” that fills the void where the original cat once lived. At the other end of the single pipe is a tiny single inlet/dual outlet Flowmaster. I was way over budget after the engine swap which is why I didn’t the exhaust done the way I wanted it the first time. I mainly just needed the exhaust shop to hook up the exhaust temporarily so I could hear myself think enough to work out the bugs after the swap. Working on an uncorked big block is a bit loud Now the bugs are getting whittled down it is time to revisit the exhaust. I’ll get some pics after….it will be a while as I haven’t even ordered the muffler yet.

The tail pipes will remain in the same location. I like the stock behind the wheel exit look. This is about the best picture of the tailpipes. It is basically the same as my K10 as far as exhaust exit. Turn downs are cool on a street truck but not for a real world 4x4.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote