View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #133
uber cool

Re: Uber Cool's 1963 C10 LWB Fleetside in England

No photos for tonight, but a bit more done. Parts arrived today from Rockauto, yippee!

So front brake flexes fitted, new pitman arm fitted. More of the front air bags mocked up.

More packages arrived with exhaust parts so will be running with twin back boxes exiting either side at the rear with 3" stainless tail pipes.

Also ebay purchase of an ashtray arrived from USA, so no more ugly gaps in the dashboard. Not bad considering it was outside and pouring down!

I've actually sold the truck to a mate for what I had in it. As I have 2 other projects also needing funds, a 59 Apache and a 66 Galaxie 500. So he is paying for the remainder of the parts to get road legal. It's his first american truck and first fun ( 2nd) car for many years so he's really excited to get it on the road and will carry on the build thread once we have it road registered, he also has some great plans for it, which I'll let him explain once its in his hands. he is ona post a few pages back as Ratz.

We have a target of getting it to the next local hot rod meet on 7th August, which includes the need to register it! A stretching target, but I think we'll get there. Also I wont be leaving this forum, I've made some good friend here and like it, so will just be slipping into the 47 to 59 message board with my Apache, I'm sure you'll still talk to me???
Target for end of this week (sunday) is stopping and driving under it's own power.
uber cool is offline   Reply With Quote