View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #1
greywuuf

Opinions on "59 Biscayne and a general Gripe

So.... the 59 Biscayne I posted a while back ... came to me with a '72 350 in it, the numbers say it came out of a truck. it is also pretty much all stock with one minor change.... it has an OLD school electric fuel pump installed ( and of course it is not functional after many years just sitting in a field ) and a block off plate over the fuel pump drive hole. I just spent the last 4 hours trying to obtain a fuel pump and a hard fuel line to put this thing in running order, still can not come up with the fuel line... had to scab together some barbs and rubber line. ( that's the general rant.... never thought it would be hard to get SBC parts in my lifetime )

now the opinion part, I have the manifolds and ecu ( and am set up to burn chips and data log for same) for a TPI set up. I kind of think they are the neatest looking injections going ( ok hilborn set ups not with standing)

SO anyway, would a 59 biscayne look old school hot rod with a Tuned port system? or should I just give up and go LSx ( they are not yet easy to find or cheap here in Alaska ) was kind of thinking of incorporating the "nostrils" of the hood into the intake system for an injection system.... just a thought.

Last edited by greywuuf; 07-08-2015 at 08:33 PM.
greywuuf is offline   Reply With Quote