View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 02:19 PM   #357
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

So, I got some good garage therapy in this weekend. One of the things that I've been struggling with was the seats.

When I got the donor vehicle, I'd opted to use the Dodge's seat in my truck, but run into a couple of issues of how it fit in the truck. I had a difficult time getting the seat to have the right pitch on the bottom, the middle seat sat to far back and the top wouldn't open all the way, and I hated the high-back bucket seats.

After watching Craig's list for a while I had finally stumbled across a buddy bucket, but the seats and cushions were absolute toast. They were on plywood bases and were permanently mounted without any ability to move.

So, this weekend was spent trying to get the best of both worlds. I ended up taking the passenger seat down to the frame, and found that the headrest could easily be cut off. I was able to save the seat slides from the dodge, and after a couple of runs with it, I was able to make them work.

The first go-around with this left the driver's seat about 2" off-center from the steering wheel, which wasn't quite pleasant to drive. So, pulling the assembly in and out of the truck about 4-5 times, I finally got it to fit. I also left the driver's seat alone for the time being.

And in the truck:

I also got my tail-gate back from the painters and installed. Picked up a new rear window and got that installed. I was also able to start wiring back up in the cab (speaker wires, cab light, fog lights, head lights.)

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote