View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
84blaze

Re: Project: Patina (1949 Chevrolet 1434)

Finally after months of searching I finally found a good S-series donor. It's 1985 Reg cab longbox.

It has a 3.1 TBI V6, original 4 speed manual, 17" Eagle Alloy 212's, lowered 2 or 3 inches, shaved body line and door handles, and fiberglass roll pan with corvette lights.

The body is rough but the frame is what I'm after. Hopefully I can sell a bunch of the aftermarket crap thats on it and recoup some money.

I rented a U-haul car dolly and pulled the **** show home.

The only thing I wasn't looking forward to is the giant wasp nest inside the cab. Luckily the PO took care of the wasp nest before I showed up.

I'll probbaly end up polishing the 212's, removing the lowering kit, and installing it all onto my red ext cab. I have a hard time driving stock things, if you haven't noticed.

The little U-haul dolly I used today caught air nearly the whole way as I was going to pick the truck up. It sure is noisy to drive with when there is no weight on it. It was ****ing bouncing all over the place..

3.1L TBI

Custom exhaust clamp... LOL

Go-fast hood vents

The wheels, which are basically the only thing on this truck that is worth some money.

I littered the highway with bondo flakes on the way home. Bondo death stars were flying off in all directions. I'm glad I wasn't driving behind me.

I'll try to sell this OG corvette tail rollpan

Only 180K on this beauty

84blaze is offline   Reply With Quote