View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #34
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: wheres the hidden vin?? Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poway View Post
I decided to finally look for mine on my 68 panel. It is on the driver's side on the top of the frame adjacent to the P/S pump. I had to sand off the paint to see it and fortunately it matches the plate in the driver's door post.

I just found this post and im going to resurrect it because there is a lot of misleading information.

People use different cabs and frames all the time. There is no issue with this. You take your paperwork to your out of state inspection office and they will solve any issues.

Also, not having a vin plate on the cab is NOT the end of the world. You have a legit receipt and paperwork matching your purchase your out of state inspection office will handle it.

I have a 70 blazer i just went through this. The vin plate on the vehicle has never been registered. EVER! They believe that the mix up in vins happened at the factory. The frame vin, hidden frame vin, spid, and title all matches. The door frame vin is off by 2 numbers as someone had dyslexia or something. I had it taken to oregon state inspection and they put a new vin in the door frame. Done. I registered it in washington with zero issues either. Very common occurence from what they told me.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote