View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 08:52 AM   #17
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Need help with truck 60'

Shaun, if it's dead hooking you probably need more converter or gear.

My pig of a truck usually makes the equation,,, 1.5 sixtys with a 12 second pig,, BUT.. with 34" of slick on the ground too, 5.43 gears and a stock 2.43 1st gear TH350 gear.
I put more motor in it, kept the same 4800 stall 10" converter, down to a 4.30 gear and it went 10.9's with a 1.44 sixty.

The Nova I screwed with for a long time before I found it HATED dead hooking. We fought with 4link and double adjustable shocks trying to MAKE it dead hook,, Probably wore the motor out enough it was mission accomplished LOL, but 60' was off 6-8 hundredths.
A buddy of mine Roger Copeland said his car (although a clutch car) would 60 better if he got about 1 turn of the tire at the hit.. HU???? Welp we started using high speed HD video about that time and went to moving the shocks 1 click at a time trying to screw up the launch to get at least 1 turn of the tires,,,,, On fresh tires managed to pull out a couple of 1.27-1.29's compared to the 1.3x it usually went. John put a few of the launches on youtube and low-def but you can see it dead hook, then hit the wheelie bars and turn the tires about a turn, then hook again. That's where I got the best 60 the car has ever done. Don't know if it's the extra tire speed, torque curve, or simply off the 'flash' of the converter,,, but it worked for me. Will it work for you rdrag radials,,, ????...

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote