View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 12:20 AM   #301
JJorgensen52
Simple? What's simple?

Re: New project! The "Red Herring"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
The seat mounts look good JJ. You filed the notches by hand...wow, determined!
Haha, sometimes I think detrimental might be a better word Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
Nice job on the seat brackets. I like how you said " and then on to the next task!" That's how you have to build, so you don't loose your head.
Thanks! Yes, it's true. I have to take it one piece at a time, or it just gets totally overwhelming, because there are a LOT of little pieces going into the whole!

Made the mounting tabs tonight. Okay, well seven of eight Here you can see the passenger;s seat is set in place and bolted down (I have not drilled a bolt hole in the elevated mount at the inside front of the seat yet, and I just cooked my 7/16" bit sooo that may not happen for a bit), and the three level tabs for the driver's seat. Haven't fitted the elevated mount for this side yet.

A couple shots with both seats bolted down. The sharp eyed may note the driver's seat is slightly further back than the passenger's - the mounts are not symmetric, and the driver's seat goes further back with the front bolts aligned. Who knew??

I noticed this once I actually bolted them down:

Looks like I may be shimming the inside a little bit to get them level. Or maybe just designing different mount tabs. Or maybe just ignoring it Apparently the floor in the S10 was not flat like I thought. I'm going to have to sit in the truck a bit and decide if it feels odd to me or not.

I also decided I'd make a center support for the bracket as well, between the seats. That will also likely lend itself to mounting the seatbelts.
'66 Impala SS convertible 327-QJet-glide (4 speed swap one of these days...) Photos
'69 CST/10 4x4 SWB Stepper 350 2bbl - NV4500/NP241C (Broken Truck!)
'72 Sierra Grande 2WD LWB fleetside 350-TH350 Refresh
'99 K2500 Silverado RCLB 5.7 Vortec - NV4500/NP241C (Daily)
'99 K2500 Suburban 7.4 Vortec - NV4500/NP246 (still working out the bugs)
SOLD
'71 Custom/10 2WD LWB fleetside - '72 GMC K/3500 Dually (Sold to redryder)
JJorgensen52 is offline   Reply With Quote