View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 06:45 PM   #10
docstheman

Re: 70' C10 Work Truck

Transmission went out on the c10 a while back and I replaced it with a newly rebuilt 350 turbo. It has been great ever since except for one episode. I had never hooked up the kick down cable as it shifted fine without it. One day I hooked it up and after driving for 30 min or so it started acting really strange. The shifting points changed drastically. The car wasn't shifting out until 4k rpms. I thought it was a vacuum problem and found a missing cap on the carb next to the hose that goes to the transmission. That didn't fix it so I replaced the vacuum modulator. That didn't fix it either so I pulled the governor, but it looked brand new. I pulled the pan and the spring was working fine on the transmission where the kick down cable connects. I didnt know what I was looking for apparently. It ended up being that the plunger was stuck. I tapped it and it popped out and has worked great ever since. I guess that learning experience could have been more expensive. I have since installed a 2 post 10k lb automotive lift in my shop and am constantly working on something. I would like to fix up the c10 a bit but it really only needs cosmetic things. Here are some more pics and I also bought a new 2015 z71. There are some pics of it too.
Attached Images

Click Here for my Blazer Build: 1971 Blazer 4x4

Click Here for my Work Truck Build: 1970 C10 LWB

Toys: 1970 C10, 1971 Blazer 4x4, 1976 Corvette Stingray L82, 2011 Cadillac CTS 6 speed, 2008 VTX 1800F
docstheman is offline   Reply With Quote