View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 09:28 AM   #465
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Yeah, it sucks. Can't change it though, so I'm rolling with the punches.

I'm not entirely sure what caused it since they seem to work just fine now. The rear reservoir was empty, but the front was full, so I have a leak somewhere, but they worked before and again after the incident... Maybe air in the lines, maybe the prop valve or master cylinder is going bad... not sure honestly. I drove it home with no issues (about a mile away form my office). I took it slow and very cautious with my mind constantly on using the e-brake. Still not taking any chances so I'm swapping everything out. I already have the Wilwood D52 calipers for the front (came with pads) and their master cylinder. I have a 25' coil of brake line left from when I redid the brakes on the GTO and a set of rear brake shoes from the PO. I've ordered the Wilwood adjustable proportioning, some braided flex hoses from Inline Tube, and new rear wheel cylinders on the way. So all of it is getting replaced.

As for the mirrors, yes Mike, I do know there isn't much visibility out of them. I'm not totally concerned about that since I really don't want west coast mirrors or anything large like that. I don't have a passenger mirror on the GTO, so I'm not overly concerned about having one, just want it to be functional if it's on the truck. The current passenger mirror (I think 69 Camaro) is useless. It's behind the glass run channel so you can't see squat in it. The biggest reason for switching to the sport mirrors is to get the functionality of the vent windows back. The idiot that installed these mirrors didn't take them into consideration, so I can't use the vent windows at all.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote