View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 05:22 PM   #1709
67chevy1series

Re: 1967 Chevy CST aka "the loud truck"

So I scored a part for the 67... But there's some history in what happened, Back in 99 my mom and dad decided to sell the house we lived in since the neighborhood started getting pretty bad (Winton CA) and at the time I was just 4 years old and one of the few memories I have of that age was watching a green truck pull up to the house (with the knowledge I have now I realize it was a 67 c10 with a small window) and I remember looking at the truck and thinking how cool it looked and how different it was from other cars I seen and I always remembered the small window on the back of the cab and the 67-68 front end. So growing up I would see the truck around here and there and it always had little changes done to it and the more I seen it the more I liked it and as you guys could have guessed it's one of the reason I've come to like the 67 c10 as much as I do. So let's fast forward to last month when I was at a car show, I seen that 67 and I go take a look at it and enjoy the car show. Just before I jump in my 67 to leave this guys comes up asking questions about mine and says he has one parked over in the parking lot. So I told him my story and he couldn't believe that I was from that family he bought the house from and he was telling me things he has planned for his 67, one of those being a reproduction smoothed tailgate, so I asked him what he was doing with the old tailgate and he said nothing so I talked it over with him and he decided that If I go over and take the tailgate off and install the new one he would give me the old one free so I managed to score a straight rust free nice tailgate and the even cooler part is its 67! So before I left I put the tailgate in the box for the repdrodcution one
Attached Images

67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote