View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 09:10 PM   #1169
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
That steel dam and the riveted plate in the tunnel are sweet!
They really are. The pictures do not do any justice to the magnitude of the roof liner job. Amazing work considering the equipment they had available to use back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
It's funny you showed the pic of the rattler. I was just thinking, man he's crazy. I bet those stupid rattlers are everywhere out there.
There are plenty to go around, that's for sure, but really, they don't want anything to do with humans. This one must have gotten spooked or something because it really was in no danger and had no good reason to be taking a defensive posture toward us. A rattle snake knows he can't eat us, so any rattling is defensive in nature. If he is within range, he could strike, but with us not being food, it would solely be to get rid of us. Usually a snake will remain quiet and not draw attention to itself while letting the perceived threat go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
That tunel and dams are pretty sweet! It's pretty amazing what amazing things they made back then and they still look in great shape today.
It really is, considering the technology of the steel used is so archaic compared to the special alloys and engineered coatings that would be used today if such a thing could even be legally built anymore.