View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 12:08 AM   #330
drewskiren
Lucky Teter at the wheel

Re: Bride of Young Frankenstein - 1957 Buick Super

Albuquerque isn't really that far from Memphis.... Right?

Don Dulac and his father were kind enough to save this "parts car" from the crusher back 30 years ago. Don's dad has owned the Roadmaster convertible since around 1960 and sometime around 1969 hit a deer. He wound up buying an extra Roadmaster just to swap out the bumper, grille and fender. Fortunately some Buick experts reminded him that his Roadmaster 2 door hardtop model 76A was actually more rare than his convertible so he stopped robbing parts and kept them both. Only about 2800 of this 2 door hardtop Roadmaster were made back in 1957 - our Super is one of about 40,000 - its a no brainer which one to restore! Don's dad bought the hardtop Roadmaster with no engine, so since its going to be a non - original motor car anyway, I figure its ok to continue on the original path we had with the Super on this car.

Don has decided to sell this Roadmaster to fund the engine repairs on the convertible. It is in pretty darn good condition and is 100 percent complete - unlike our white Super. At first I figured at the very least I would buy this car to have everthing that I needed, but after looking it over and considering its pedigree, we will end up selling off the white Super. The floors in this new car are WAY better, but the rockers are worse. Rockers are actually available now for this car so that should be a pretty easy fix. But.... with a car from the 50's nothing is easy. I foresee less metal work with the new Roadmaster and a more desirable car in the end.

More pics to come.
Attached Images

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN (Finished with MAJOR Surgery - IT'S ALIVE!!!)

The Bride is currently under the knife!
drewskiren is offline   Reply With Quote