View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #9
kidd79

Re: 86 C10 LS 6.0 6L90E Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtrhd329 View Post
On my swap i used an 87 blazer tank. Any tbi tank will work. The ep381 pump will bolt in and the regulator on the fuel rails will keep your pressure in check. 3.73 rear gears and 275/45r17 tires it runs nice amd has plenty of power. Fuel lines were built using nylon line from amazon for 15 dollars and pressing in fitting liberated from the junkyard for a factory fit and connections
I ended up going on and getting a fuel sending unit from an 87 R10 truck, which is supposed to fit in my stock tank from what I've read. (Rock Auto $67) and I grabbed a stock fuel pump from a 98 chevy while I was on their site ($39), and installed it into the 87 sending unit. It fit like a glove, unfortunately all that is still in the box. I haven't had much time to do a lot with either truck, but i did get a few things done. I had my daughter with me the last month I was at home. She lives in La with her mom, and I get her one month during the summer, so i spent the majority of my time off with her.

I did however get a detroit locker installed in the rear end. Which was interesting. Found out the 388 that's currently in the truck has enough power to spin the back tires, but caused a lot of axle wrap and hopping.. NOT GOOD. Installed a new steering wheel, and side mirrors. Lowered the rear 2"s and the front 2 1/2. Shackles and spindles. This lead to a front end alignment. Which caused another issue. On the alignment rack my buddy and I noticed that the front coil springs had been heated at some point by one of the PO's after we put the front spindles on and tried to align it. Weeeeeeeeeeeellllllll I had to order some lowering springs and put the truck on the frame stretcher. The drivers side was shimmed out as far as it could go to line out the front, and was still 2° in... GRRRRRR!!! It'll be straight as a string though once we get done with the suspension. I got a nifty little package in from Dakota Digital and fired up the donor truck and drove it around in the yard a little bit, so that answered a few questions about the donor truck.. WOOHOO!!!!! Things are coming together slowly but surely.
Attached Images

kidd79 is offline   Reply With Quote