View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 01:58 AM   #315
JJorgensen52
Simple? What's simple?

Re: New project! The "Red Herring"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Nice work on the core support JJ! Good looking radiator too.
Thanks! All the radiator credit goes to the folks at R'n'D Fab ... did good work for me, even put on my oddball trans cooler fittings

So I've been monkeying around with a lot of the little stuff, but got the radiator mounted up tonight:

A little tough to see, but I made standoffs that bolt into the core support, the radiator is about 5/8" forward at the top and about 1" at the bottom, and it's offset to passenger's side around 1/2"

Thinking I probably need one more bolt on each side. I need to pull the stand-offs out and weld the nuts in and finish up the rest of the welds, anyways.

Getting a little Frankensteinish here:

'98 S10 airbox cut down (I'm going to make the base metal and integral to the inner fender) to fit, using a '98 Suburban bellows, the MAF sensor is going to be a combination - I ordered the "updated" MAF for the '96-'99 Vortec trucks, it uses the late truck style bolt in MAF sensor so I'm just going to use the correct '11 sensor in the updated housing - and then into a '98 Cadillac Seville intake elbow. I still need to order a 3.5"-4" transition elbow for the TB and a short piece of tubing to make it all fit together. I will also weld bungs on for the PCV and charcoal vent air intakes at that point.

I had this overflow tank laying around, I think I may use it.

As you may recall, one of my quirks (and goals for this project) is making things look as much like they came out of the factory as possible - so in this engine bay I'm trying to use as much GM or OEM made equipment as possible to keep with the theme. It might not be the prettiest way to do things, but it's highly functional without spending too much cash, and that's what I'm after.

I say that, and then I look at my expenses tracker for this project and ....
'66 Impala SS convertible 327-QJet-glide (4 speed swap one of these days...) Photos
'69 CST/10 4x4 SWB Stepper 350 2bbl - NV4500/NP241C (Broken Truck!)
'72 Sierra Grande 2WD LWB fleetside 350-TH350 Refresh
'99 K2500 Silverado RCLB 5.7 Vortec - NV4500/NP241C (Daily)
'99 K2500 Suburban 7.4 Vortec - NV4500/NP246 (still working out the bugs)
SOLD
'71 Custom/10 2WD LWB fleetside - '72 GMC K/3500 Dually (Sold to redryder)
JJorgensen52 is offline   Reply With Quote