View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 02:52 AM   #1717
67chevy1series

Re: 1967 Chevy CST aka "the loud truck"

Haha! Well my plans for it are to find any missing trim, and replace all lenses as well as gaskets. Then next up I need to get a back seat and a driver front door glass. Sadly the 2nd owner pulled the motor and Trans so it doesn't drive or run, but at least that saves me the timeofpulling them. Really don't know what todo about a motor, If I'm going to cruise this car and take it to at shows ongoing to need overdrive, so a 700r4/4l60e is my plan which means the torque tube and rear axle have to go.. But there's no real smart choice about the engine, was thinking of putting the 364/401 nailhead in but I can't seem to find any of them around, and the way they got the tiny valves I those crazy angles there not the best performers, so then thought it would be cool to put a older caddilac motor in but I never see those motors for sale and I hear parts aren't readily avaliable in parts stores... So the only other motor I know I can get parts for if I breakdownonthe side of the road and perform pretty good as well as easy to find would be a small block Chevy... But I was really hoping to not put in a Chevy/gmc motor and instead a B.O.P or Cadillac but there's just no easy to find or good motor to have out of the 4 my last option is an LS, if I go that route it won't be anything fancy, probably just a 4.8 and a edelbrock intake to mount a carburetor. Whatever motor I choose I want to paint in the original color that buick painted there motors in 59 as well as adding the original air cleaner that I still have that came with the car. Not planning to make this some pro touring car or anything I just want it to float down the road/highway and also perform good on the highway with a decent mpg. Depending on how much the front comes down with a motor in, I may lower the car 2" and go with at least disks up front.
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote