View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 02:00 PM   #15
jaros44sr

Re: Some assembly required……

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick72 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys, its helping.

I got the plate off, and ran into the spacer. I tried to figure a way to leave it, or remove and reuse it. Both options failed and I ended up chiseling it off.

I'm getting closer to test fitting, although I'm a bit stuck with what to do at the back of the door. I have backed out the two bolts that secure the bedside, and the bedside will be replaced later. I expected to run the patch panel all the way to butt up against the new bedside, but there is something still attached in there. I don't really want to leave the last couple of inched of old metal there, just haven't figured out what is still in the way.

On a good note, although I will replace the torsion boxes later, they are provided a great deal of support. The drivers side isn't rusted through, and combined with the top still on its holding everything pretty solid as I mock up parts.
The 'B' post area is the most difficult, as you have about 5 or 6 pieces of sheet metal joining in that area. I think I see rust in the lower area, so it will have to be cut out. The metal is doubled in that area so be careful not to cut through both pieces, and DO NOT cut above the spot welds shown. Keep your cut to a minimum of the patch you have. Where did you get your patch panels from?

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote